Firstly, I hope you all had or are having a wonderful Holiday period, spent just how you wanted to. Maybe 2018 was a fantastic year and you want to keep the momentum rolling into 2019, or maybe 2018 was a rubbish year and you are here seeking inspirational quotes for 2019 to make it the best year yet.
Well, I’ve got you covered. These 19 quotes are sure to get your motivation in full gear to help you accomplish everything you want over the coming 12 months.
Lets dive right in!
“Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.” – John Lennon
Make sure you’re not too busy planning the next year, that you miss the present moment! Make sure you take time to stop and pause along the way.
2. “Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.” – Omar Khayyam
It is important to enjoy the journey and realise that the journey towards whatever perceived happiness you desire is actually the most important part of your life.
3. “Get busy living or get busy dying.” – Stephen King
2019 is the year to stop sitting around waiting for life to happen to you, this is the year to make life happen with your action!
4. “Change your thoughts and you change your world.” – Norman Vincent Peale
What you think is what you believe, ensure you choose your thoughts wisely. Believe in yourself and the world will believe in you too.
5. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
Think about all you have achieved to date. Something must have seemed impossible, yet you did it. There’s no reason this years goals should be any different!
6. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” – Lao Tzu
Though your goals for 2019 may seem big, all you need is to break them down into bite size chunks and tackle those chunks one at a time. Soon enough you’ll be well past half way up that mountain of a goal.
7. “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Worried about the state of the world? 2019 is the year to be the change, recycle more, be kinder, donate. Whatever the change you want to see, take steps towards it from today!
8. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
Not sure what you want to be when you grow up? Guess what… I think the majority of adults are still figuring that out and changing their mind constantly. And that’s ok. Let 2019 be the year to try something new, learn something new and learn about yourself and your dreams.
9.” Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” – Confucius
How often do we worry about something, then it turns out our concern was unneccessary? Try to be more present and avoid complicating the future, especially if it is out of our control.
10. “I’m always doing things I can’t do. That’s how I get to do them.” Pablo Picasso
Remember there was a time that you couldn’t walk or speak as a baby, try to avoid the idea that you can’t do things just because you’re an adult. Doing things is how we learn to do them.
11. “When you arise in the morning think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” – Marcus Aurelius
12. “You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don’t worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.” – Walter Hagen
I hope you achieve all your desires this year, I also implore that you enjoy every step of the way. That you pause, are not overwhelmed, and remember the important things in life.
13. “Most great people have attained their greatest success one step beyond their greatest failure.” – Napoleon Hill
If you suffer mistakes or failure along your journey towards your goals this year, remember some of the worlds greatest entrepeneurs and discoveries were made after many mistakes and failures. They are lessons, learn them and keep striving towards your dreams.
14. “This is your life and it’s ending one minute at a time.” – Tyler Durden
Feeling uninspired or unmotivated to do something? Remember this: you have never been this old or wise, and yet you will never be this young or energetic again. Embrace the challenge with your wisdom and youthful energy!
15. “Nothing you do is going to matter that much in the long run. Don’t take yourself so seriously.” – Naval Ravikant
There are many times I ruined hours even days worrying about something that now I cannot rememeber what it was. As difficult as it seems at the time of anxiety, try to recall whether you can remember the reason why you felt this worried the last time around. If you can’t, then maybe this time is as insignificant in the grand scheme of things.
16. “Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed. ” – Alexander Pope
Whilst racing towards your goals in 2019. Try this: to have zero expectation of the outcome. Note the diffrence of expecting a positive or negative outcome, but rather just no expectation. Expectation is the root of disappointment. Because maybe your creation won’t be what you expected, it will be different, but possibly better!
17. “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.” – Oprah Winfrey
Whats the worst thing that could happen? You will hear no. Thats it. Don’t be afraid to ask for what you want and deserve, if you don’t ask, you will never know.
18. “Without the rain there would be no rainbow.” – Gilbert Chesterton
If there is one thing for certain, it is that there will be low points in the year ahead. But without these low points, we can’t appreciate the high moments. Accept them for what they are and be grateful the lows exist so that the highs exist too.
19. “If not now, when?” – annonymous
And the most important of all… if you aren’t aspiring towards a dream in 2019, then now is the time to think about what you want and do. Take action, because tomorrow never really comes. All we have is today. Tomorrow becomes today. Today is the most important day.
I hope you’ve enjoyed these inspirational quotes for 2019. Now go grab those dreams with both hands and have the best year yet!
Love and Light